Niigon Machines Ltd. is currently searching for a Quality Control Technician to join our team. Niigon is a Canadian based manufacturer of injection molding machines founded in 2008 by Robert Schad. Working with customers, suppliers, and mold makers, Niigon has developed a rugged, accurate, and flexible two-platen machine platform that features energy efficiency, process repeatability, and reduced mold maintenance.
The Quality Control Technician is responsible for direct examination of product to ensure that quality standards and procedures are met and aligned with legislation and customer specifications. Requiring a high level of attention to detail, the technician is responsible for strictly adhering to the organization's quality assurance policies, and identifying defects and or production errors in order to prevent these materials from entering the supply chain.
• Experience with CMM programming (Calypso)
• Experience with Contura G2 CMM would be an asset
• Investigate quality concerns and notify appropriate personnel
• Accurately measure parts using inspection measuring tools to ensure they are manufactured to specification
• Work with Procurement to source suppliers and improve quality standards
• Other related duties as assigned
Skills & Competencies:
• Hands-on measuring and evaluation experience
• Strong knowledge of GD&T, metrology and accurate part measuring
• Strong technical background
• Quality experience (CMM operation)
• Accountable and dependable
• Ability to work in a team and individually
Education & Experience:
• Graduate of a post-secondary technical program, ideally in Quality Control
• Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a tooling/quality setting
If this position is of interest you, Please email your resume and a written summary (1 page maximum) with the information below to hr [at] niigonmachines.com:
• The job opportunity you are interested in.
• Why do you want to join the Niigon team?
• What you are passionate about outside of work.
Niigon Machines Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusiveness in all its work. We work proactively to be fair and reasonable in practice and to build diversity into our teams. Niigon welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.